It’s good to be corrupt

Corruption is a very common word in India. When I was a kid I used to hate the people with whom this word was associated and used to think that it’s unethical. But now when I am 25 years old and looking to make my career and earn money; I feel it’s one of the best short cuts available for speedy progress with rich dividends and low risk. Yes I would like to say that least risk is involved; and especially in Indian context.

Daily in newspapers we read about politicians and autocrats who get accused of being corrupt and still move free instead of ample evidence in public domain. Even if they get caught; our Anti – Corruption laws are so kind and generous that they can spend some time in prison and then enjoy their money for rest of their life. Seems strange, but it’s true. Our system has no laws to recover the losses made by the accused or to confiscate the property generated through the black money. We have laws but they are similar to “toothless watchdogs”.
The independent bodies like CBI or CVC are not serving the purpose because they are not having the rights. CBI needs permission from government all the time and CVC acts as an advisory body only. SO the need of the hour is to make stringent rules and apply them uniquely so as to ensure any ray of hope.